Applying For A State Or Municipal Cannabis Business License
The license application process in Michigan is complex, intensive and very time-consuming. The number of licenses available is limited and the competition for those licenses is fierce. To secure a cannabis business license, you must pass an extensive background check and complete a series of steps including:
- Passing a financial documents compliance review
- Submitting a business plan with projections for anticipated profits
- Attending license hearings
- Passing prelicensure inspections
- Presenting financial documents showing that you meet capitalization requirements
- Drafting business operation documents such as standard operating procedures and employment agreements
Without an experienced attorney to guide you through the process, efforts to acquire a license can easily get derailed.
Guiding Entrepreneurs Through the Application Process
At Bahoura Law, we know the application process not only as a legal team but also as cannabis entrepreneurs ourselves. Founding attorney Mike Bahoura owns and operates the Pure Lapeer Medical & Recreational Marijuana Dispensary. He and our legal team can help you write a comprehensive, customized narrative and accurately complete your application forms. We will represent you at all hearings and assist you with issues of zoning, permits and land use.
After your business is up and running, we can also assist with matters of daily operation and renewing your license.